Service Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean Hinckley Electricians.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
The Operative or Engineer shall mean the representative appointed by the Company to under the works you have requested.
The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by a designated operative of the Company at its absolute discretion.
Acceptance of our quotation(s) includes acceptance of the following Terms & Conditions.
2. Period of Quotation
The Quotation remains open for a period of one calendar month unless previously withdrawn. Thereafter, the Quotation is subject to re-confirmation or adjustment by the Contractor.
3. Basis of Quotation
- All increases in labour and/or material cost arising after the date of quotation may be recovered from the Customer unless the quotation expressly excludes this condition.
- The quotation(s) are based on the work being affected during normal working hours, Monday to Friday.
- Variations or additional work shall be charged on time and material basis unless subject of a separate quotation accepted by the Customer.
- The laying of cables and conduits runs is by shortest practicable routes.
- Work by other Trades, any statutory fees, or charges for work done by Supply Authority or Local Authority is not included.
- While reasonable care will always be taken, the quotation does not include for incidental redecoration or other works consequent upon the proper execution of the work.
- Instructions for work in any property shall be made only by those legally entitled to instruct work to be carried out on the property in question, and the same party shall be liable for all charges. Third party instructions must be accompanied by full written authority from the legal owner of the property, and the legal owner must provide a copy of his/her i.d.[such as driving licence or passport] and two recent utility bills featuring the home/registered address of person/charity/company owning the property.
4. Terms of Payment
- Payment in full shall be due on completion of the work and shall be made within 7 days of the date of our invoice or written application submitted by the Contractor.
- Where the Contract Period is in excess of 4 weeks, written applications/invoices may be submitted monthly for the total value of work executed – less previous payments – the net amount due to be paid by the Customer within 7 days.
- Failure by the Customer to make any payment as aforesaid shall entitle the Contractor to suspend work and/or charge interest on the amount outstanding at 5% above the prevailing Bank of England’s base rate.
- Non account customers may be required to make a 25% advanced payment to secure contractual commitments between the Contractor and Customer.
5. Customers Responsibility
It is the responsibility of the customer to protect items of furniture (flooring included), furnishings, fixings, fixings, fixtures and fittings. We will make reasonable efforts not to cause any damage, it is suggested that the customer removes items that are to be considered a problem. If it remains within the working area, it is the responsibility of the customers to cover such items.
Wallpaper and paint can sometimes be damaged. It is the responsibility of the customer to take any protection actions felt necessary. We will try our best to put back bath panels, flooring, cupboards etc – areas we need to get access to. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to these items or to the way they have been put back. If damage to plaster, brickwork and ceilings etc is caused it is the customers responsibility to make good. We cannot except responsibility for damage caused to wallpaper, paintwork, tiles, laminate flooring, carpets, furniture etc. Any decorator’s caulk and silicon work does not carry a guarantee.
6. Extra Cost
In the event of expenses arising due to suspension or cancellation of work at the request of the customer, or lack of access, instruction or other on-site delay caused by matters beyond the control of the company, such expenses thereby incurred shall, at the discretion of the company, be chargeable to the customer.
Updated August 2018
a: Holly Lane, Barwell, Leicestershire, LE9 8BT
t: 07455 640 640
t: 01455 360 370